Election & Voter Registration Information
Candidate Filing Information for 2020 General Election
|Office||Election||Filing Period Starts||Filing Period Ends at 5 pm||Signatures Required|
|County Agricultural Extension||General||No Start Date||August 26||25|
Absentee Voting by Mail
Secretary of State, Paul Pate, is encouraging Iowans to cast ballots by mail, in response to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. If a voter wishes to vote by mail in the June 2, 2020 Primary Election, this form must be received in our office no later than Friday, May 22, 2020 at 5 p.m. Absentee ballots can will be mailed starting Thursday, April 23, 2020, which is the earliest date allowed by law.
In-Person Absentee Voting
In-person absentee voting will begin in the Floyd County Auditor’s Office on Monday, May 4, 2020. Our office continues to closely monitor the situation around in-person voting due to COVID-19 and will update this page with any changes.
Polls will open election day from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.; however, there most likely will be fewer than usual polling locations to help ensure the safety of our precinct election works and voters. The Auditor’s office continues having discussions and is working daily to determine what changes will be needed and how to best implement those changes.
*Please note that candidate names for United States Senator will be rotated for each precinct. Therefore, the names are the same as this sample but may be in a different order.
*Please note that candidate names for United States Representative District 4 and State Representative District 52 will be rotated for each precinct. Therefore, the names are the same as this sample but may be in a different order.
General Election Candidate Resources
Official Election Results
- 2018 General Election Official Results
- 2018 Primary Election - Official Results
- 2016 General Election Official Results
- 2016 Primary Election-Official Results
- 2014 General Eleciton - Official Results
- 2014 Primary Election-OfficialResults
- 2012 General Election Official Results
- 2012 Primary Election Results
- 2010 General Election - Official Results
- 2010 Primary Election - Official Results
- 2008 General Election Resullts
- 2006 General Election Results
- 2006 Primary Election Results
- 2nd Tier Canvass-2019-11-05 School Official Results
- 1st Tier Canvass-2019-11-05 City/School Official Results
- 2017 City Election - Official Results
- 2017 School Election-Official Results
- 2015 City Election - Nov 3, 2015
- 2015 School Election - Sept 8, 2015
- 2013 City Election
- 2013 Official School Results (PDF)
- 2011 City Election - Official Results
- 2011 School Election - Official Results
- 2020-03-03 NIACC Special Election
- 2018-05-01 Special Election Results (Law Enforcement Center-Courthouse Updates)
- 2016 Special Charles City Community School District Election - April 5, 2016
- 2016 General Election Official Results-Rudd-Rockford-Marble Rock School Board Vacancy
- 2019-11-05 Hospital Public Measure
Gloria A. Carr
County Auditor & Commissioner of Elections
Floyd County Courthouse
101 S. Main
Charles City, IA 50616-2790
Follow us on Facebook:
Are you a registered voter in Iowa?
To register to vote, complete a Voter Registration Form and provide it to the county auditor's office in the county you reside.
Click here to learn more about Electronic Voter Registration.
if you have been convicted of a felony and are unsure if your rights have been restored to vote, visit the Office of the Governor of Iowa website. You will find restoration of citizens rights to vote and hold public office.
Not sure where you vote? Find your precinct/polling place on the maps below or click here.
Floyd County Local Chair: William Baresel
(641) 228-4500, firstname.lastname@example.org
Iowa Democrats: http://iowademocrats.org/
Floyd County Local Chair: Julius Bryant
(641) 330-8013, email@example.com
Republican Party of Iowa: https://www.iowagop.org/