FEES EFFECTIVE: July 13, 2010  

The following items MUST be submitted with your passport application

  • EVIDENCE OF CITIZENSHIP:  One of the following 3 documents MUST be submitted with your Application and will be returned with your new passport.
    • BIRTH CERTIFICATE: a CERTIFIED copy of Birth Certificate issued by the COUNTY or STATE. It must show the birth record was filed within one year after the date of birth and must have the registerar's signature and the raised, impressed, embossed or multi-colored seal of the Registrar's office. A notarized copy or a hospital birth certificate is not acceptable.
    • NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE: A person who claims US citizenship by naturalization must submit the original Certificate of Naturalization with the application.
    • EXPIRED PASSPORT: This is acceptable.
  • TWO (2) IDENTICAL PASSPORT PHOTOS: (2"x2") FRONT VIEW OF APPLICANT, taken within the last six months. May be either color or black and white. Vending machine prints are not acceptable. Passport photos may be taken at the Floyd County Recorder's office for $10.00 during regular business hours.
  • PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION: A vaild driver's license (not driver's permit), or a photo from school, bank or employment. No expired ID accepted, anyone under 18 must have a parent along with the parent's ID for parental consent and signature. Both parents signature required for children under 14.
  • FEE: EACH passport should be paid by two (2) checks or money orders as indicated below:
    $25 payable to "Floyd County Recorder" and
    $110 payable to "U.S. Department of State" - Valid 10 Years (if under 16 years of age - $80 - Valid 5 years)
  • Cards are available for border or sea crossing ONLY. Fees are: $30 for 16 & over(valid 10 years); $15 for under 16(valid 5 years)
  • Expedited fees (processing in 7 to 10 business days) is $60 per passport.
  • COMPLETED APPLICATION - Do not sign until requested to do so
  • Passport cards for border or sea crossings are also available. Please contact the Recorders office for more information

Passport applications may be obtained in the Auditor's office or download the form from: http://www.travel.state.gov

Visa Information - Consult your travel agent or the embassy or consulate of the country you plan to visit.


2010, The Schneider Corporation  -  Website designed and maintained by The Schneider Corporation