Board of Health / Advisory Board Minutes for May 14, 2007
Members present: Joyce Russell, Gaylen Hicok Dr. Lisa Kapler, Pat McDonnell
Others Present: Jeff Sherman, Pat Zwanziger
Meeting called to order by Board Chair Pat McDonnell at
Agenda Approved – Motion by Hicok, Second by Russell - Motion Carried
Minutes approved- Motion by Quam, Second by Russell - Motion Carried
Pat Zwanziger –Home Health/ Public Health Report.
A.The two table top Exercises for Disaster Preparedness went well.
B.IDPH state Grant for FY2008 Amount of money is $81,740. The amount for state grant is determined by population. Motion by Hicok was made to accept activities to utilize IDPH state grant. Seconded by Russell-Motion carried
1. The PH budget is below expenditures for the year, revenues are greater than expected.
2. Local BOH is responsible for the Positions, programs, wages and budget of the PH department.
3. Wages- Pat reminded the Board that in January they agreed to increase wages for six of the employees in order to bring them in line with others in the Court House and in the privatesector that hold similar positions. A motion was made to Increase wages for the following employees beginning June 1st, 2007. They will also receive the 3% increase on July 1st, 2007
Mary Augustin at a 11% increase and a 6% increase for the following. Janice Brahn, Lori Cajthaml, Kim Schrage, Cathy Shatek and Bonie Sneed. Motion By Dr. Kapler-Seconded by Hicok-Motion Carried
This Motion will be presented to the Board of Supervisors to be noted at their meeting
3. Chart Audits were reviewed.
4. Redesigning of Public Health Standards were presented. Every Person should receive the same standard of care throughout the state. Pat Z. is surveying our Department to see if we meet these standards.
D.Budget- Still under for the year
E.Time of transfer insp. Report. Will table at this time to see if becomes part ofIowa Code.
F.Nuisance Ordinance Discussion. Motion to recommend nuisance statute as stated to the Board of Supervisors.Motion By Russell- Seconded by Dr. Kapler – Motion Carried
1.Grants to CountyBudget for wells is $18,500 for 2008
2.Legislators Guide to IDPH Fliers where passed out.