Meeting Minutes
1/10/2011

Floyd County Board of Supervisors Meeting

January 10, 2011, 9:00 AM

UNAPPROVED MINUTES

The Floyd County Board of Supervisors met for workshop at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, January 10, 2011 in the Board Room of the Floyd County Courthouse with the following in attendance:  Chairman Dunkel, Supv. Kuhn, and Supv Kamm.

Kuhn/Kamm moved to approve the agenda as presented.  Motion carried 3-0.

The Board will review claims individually after the meeting.

Supv Kamm updated the Board on last Friday’s meeting at Central Iowa Juvenile Detention Center in Eldrora.

Amy Staudt, Travis Jaeger, Ben Johnson, and Scott Dight, representatives of the Floyd County Fair Society presented a 4-year financial report.  They would like to have a cost of living increase in county contributions to the Fair.

Jill Gray, Marlene Stirling, and Stacey Tynan, representatives of the Floyd County Library Association provided information regarding past library services, future plans and a request of a 3% increase on the current $86,500 contribution plus an increase of $100 to $300 per library for the summer reading programs.  Currently 70% of $86,500 is split equally between the five libraries and the remaining 30% is split based on each city’s population and an additional $1,000 is split equally for the summer reading programs.  The proposed increase brings the county’s contribution to $90,080.   

Bridget Edson, Emergency Management Director, Sheriff Rick Lynch, and the board discussed courthouse security issues, including notices and training for panic, tornado, and fire alarms, an upcoming ADA compliance review, courthouse security staff duties, bids for west door push buttons, third floor courtroom double door locks, and weapons on county-owned and business properties.  The Board noted a receipt of a letter from Larry Montgomery requesting the Board not allow weapons on county property. 

Norm Klemesrud, County Attorney, provided the Board with a letter requesting that his office be allowed one full time equivalent assistant county attorney which may involve employment of one or more attorneys.  The Board will act on this at a future meeting.

The Board noted the receipt of a letter from the Floyd County Medical Center regarding no need for tax assistance for FY11.  The Board will conduct a tour of the facility on January 31 at 10:30 a.m.

The Board noted the fees collected for the month of December from the Clerk of Court, and quarterly reports from the Auditor, Recorder and Sheriff for the quarter ending December 31, 2010.

No future agenda items were discussed.

The Board recessed at 12:15 p.m. for lunch and reconvened at 1 p.m.

The Board reviewed the following FY12 budget proposals:  Veterans Affairs, Recorder, General Assistance, CPC/Case Management, Conservation, REAP, Conservation Reserve and Weed Commissioner.  Budgeting for the Rockford Dam issue was also discussed with Doug Schroeder, Conservation Director.

A motion was made by Supervisor Kamm and seconded by Supervisor Kuhn to adjourn.  Motion carried 3-0.

 

ATTEST:  ________________________________             ____________________________________

            Gloria A. Carr                                                           Warren K. Dunkel, Chair

            Floyd County Auditor                                            Floyd County Board of Supervisors

 

©2010, The Schneider Corporation  -  Website designed and maintained by The Schneider Corporation