|Board of Supervisor's Meetings
Public Comment Period Guidelines
- A “public comment period” will be placed on the agenda at regular Board meetings on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. It will be the first item of business after the approval of the agenda and would last until 9:15 a.m. The public comment period could be extended, if needed at the discretion of the Board Chair.
- Setting reasonable time limits for individual comments is at the discretion of the Board Chair.
- If no one appears at the meeting to make a comment, the Board Chair proceeds with the approved agenda.
- Any county citizen is welcome to appear and comment to the Board about any issue pertaining to Floyd County government.
- You do not need to sign up in advance. All you have to do is show up and tell the Board what is on your mind.
- In compliance with Iowa’s Open Meetings Law, Board members can only listen during the public comment period. Board members are prohibited from deliberating or taking action on matters with the Board’s policy-making purview until there has been proper notice on a tentative agenda.
- Public comment on any item appearing on the agenda is welcomed by the Board and not affected by the “Public Comment Period.”
- Public comment on agenda items is welcomed by the Board at the time the agenda item is being discussed.