Minutes … FCCB Meeting
5:00 PM November 6, 2012, F&P Center
Meeting called to order at 5:02 PM by President Hicok.
Members present: Uetz, Schneckloth, Hicok
Motion by Uetz, 2nd by Schneckloth to approve the agenda. MC.
Pres. Hicok encouraged staff to look into a consent agenda and present finding to Board at next meeting.
Motion by Uetz, 2nd by Schneckloth to approve minutes. MC
Citizens: Staff: Dave VanWaus, Laura Elfers
Staff Reports: Projects, programs and park work were reported by staff.
· Rock Creek Property- Final payment was issued. Transfer deeds, etc left in the hands of Mitchell County. Paperwork should be finalized by first of the year. By default, current land renter will get to farm land 1 more year as contract was not negotiated by Mitchell County.
· Knapp II– Paperwork finished with DNR to send payment to Mr. Knapp. Collecting PF’s contribution to this land acquisition.
· Winnebago Scout Camp– Oct. 25 Council approved our proposal to purchase with INHF. FCCB will have a repurchase agreement with INHF. INHF’s review of abstract and appraisal will be the most time consuming portion of the purchase process. Fundraising continues through Fossil & Prairie Conservation Foundation.
· Refuge Issue- Allowing hunting on the Laudner Wildlife and Hanes Addition were discussed. Motion by Uetz 2nd by Schneckloth to allow hunting on a conditional basis when staff announces area is prepared for such activity by placing of boundary signs and maps. MC
· Shop Furnace- 4 bids were reviewed. Motion by Uetz 2nd by Schneckloth to approve bid from Mick Gage for a Lennox furnace. MC.
· Shop– Rough idea for 1 or 2 building shop at the Fossil Park and estimate were shown to begin bidding process
Business Meeting: Motion by Schneckloth 2nd by Uetz to approve bills. MC.
Next meeting. Tuesday, Dec. 4th - 5:00 PM at Fossil & Prairie Center.
Motion by Schneckloth to adjourn meeting at 7:30 p.m.
President: ______________________ Secretary: ___________________.