As Treasurer of Floyd County, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to this web site and briefly identify the primary functions of the
- The issuance of vehicle titles and registrations and the collection of all vehicle fees for residents of Floyd County. Annually we process thousands of vehicle transactions, respond to a great many telephone inquiries, provide service to walk-in customers to the office, collect over 3.5 million dollars and mail over 22,000 renewal notices to vehicle owners.
- The issuance or renewal for the Iowa Department of Transportation of over 5000 driverís licenses. Administering driving and written tests, including Commercal testing, and Department of Transportation re-examinations as needed.
- The collection of property taxes for over 12,000 parcels, all mobile home tax, all special assessments by the numerous taxing entities and other miscellaneous tax parcels totaling more than $16,000,000. We respond to many tax inquiries each year from property owners, financial institutions, real estate agents, abstractors and appraisers. The administer of the Iowa Property Tax Credit Program and conduct the annual tax sale for the collection of delinquent taxes.
- The receipting and recording of all funds collected by the various county
- The financial administration and services for banking, cash management and investments. Distribution of collections to schools, cities and all other taxing agencies.
Our mission is to provide quality customer service in the issuance of vehicle registrations,
driverís licenses, collection of property taxes and cash management of collections through
positive interactions between customers and employees. Please contact us with any
questions, suggestions or complaints you may have. It is necessary for us to receive your
comments, both positive and negative, so that we know what weíre doing well and what
we need to improve upon. Thank you.
Frank H. Rottinghaus
Floyd County Treasurer
The Floyd County Treasurer's Office presents the information on this web site as a service to the public. We have tried to ensure that the information contained in this electronic document is accurate.
The Treasurer's Office makes no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content at this site or at other sites to which we link. Assessing accuracy and reliability of information is the userís responsibility.
The Treasurer's Office shall not be liable for errors contained herein or for any damages in connection with the use of the information contained herein.