Election & Voter Registration Information
NEXT ELECTION: March 3, 2020 - Special Election for North Iowa Area Community College
Absentee voting begins February 3, 2020. Requests for Absentee Ballots to be mailed must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, February 21. In-person absentee voting can be done through Monday, March 2, 5 p.m. in the auditor’s office. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. Sample ballots are not yet available at this time.
Candidate Filing Information
|Office||Election||Filing Period Starts||Filing Period Ends at 5 pm||Signatures Required|
|County Level Partisan Candidates (BOS, Auditor, Sheriff)||Primary||March 2||March 25||REP = 68|
DEM = 57
|County Level NPPO & Nominated by Petition Candidates (BOS, Auditor, Sheriff)||General||March 2||March 20||110|
|Township Officials||General||March 2||March 20||0|
|County Hospital Trustees||General||March 2||March 20||50|
|Soil & Water Conservation Board||General||March 2||March 20||25|
|County Agricultural Extension||General||No Start Date||August 26||25|
Primary Election Candidate Resources
General Election Candidate Resources
2020 General Election Candidate’s Guide
Affidavit of Candidacy
Nomination Petition for General Election - Partisan Offices (Auditor, Board of Supervisor & Sheriff)
Nomination Petition for Non-Partisan Offices (Township Officials, Hospital Trustees, Soil & Water Conservation & County Ag Extension)
Are you a registered voter in Iowa?
To register to vote, complete a Voter Registration Form and provide it to the county auditor's office in the county you reside.
Click here to learn more about Electronic Voter Registration.
if you have been convicted of a felony and are unsure if your rights have been restored to vote, visit the Office of the Governor of Iowa website. You will find restoration of citizens rights to vote and hold public office.
Not sure where you vote? Find your precinct/polling place on the maps below or click here.
Want to check the status of an Absentee Ballot Request? Track Your Absentee Ballot Visit the Iowa Secretary of State's website and click on "Elections" for more information such as military or overseas civilian voting, candidate filing requirements, state-wide election results, and much more.
Floyd County Local Chair: William Baresel, (641) 228-4500, firstname.lastname@example.org
Iowa Democrats: http://iowademocrats.org/
Floyd County Local Chair: Julius Bryant, (641) 330-8013, email@example.com
Republican Party of Iowa: https://www.iowagop.org/
Gloria A. Carr
County Auditor & Commissioner of Elections
Floyd County Courthouse
101 S. Main
Charles City, IA 50616-2790
Follow us on Facebook:
- 2nd Tier Canvass-2019-11-05 School Official Results
- 1st Tier Canvass-2019-11-05 City/School Official Results
- 2018 General Election Official Results
- 2018 Primary Election - Official Results
- 2018 Special Law Enforcement Center & Courthouse Updates Results - May 1, 2018.pdf
- 2017 City Election - Official Results
- 2017 School Election-Official Results
- 2016 General Election Official Results-Rudd-Rockford-Marble Rock School Board Vacancy
- 2016 General Election Official Results
- 2016 Primary Election-Official Results
- 2016 Special Charles City Community School District Election - April 5, 2016
- 2015 City Election - Nov 3, 2015
- 2015 School Election - Sept 8, 2015
- 2014 General Eleciton - Official Results
- 2014 Primary Election-OfficialResults
- 2013 City Election
- 2013 Official School Results (PDF)
- 2013 Special Election Results (PDF)
- 2012 General Election Official Results
- 2011 City Election - Official Results
- 2011 School Election - Official Results
- 2010 General Election - Official Results
- 2010 Primary Election - Official Results