Floyd County Conservation Areas
Located 2 miles southwest of Marble Rock at 2775 Indigo Avenue, this 40-acre park contains 24 electric sites with water, restroom/shower house, 2 Picnic shelters and a playground. Hiking trails allow outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy the natural resources. The cost to camp is $20 per night for an electrical site and $10 per night for non-electrical.
This peaceful primitive campground at 2962 140th Street includes a picnic shelter, pit toilet and fishing access to the Little Cedar River.
A primitive camping area located 2 miles southeast of Marble Rock at 2920 Kirkwood, allows water enthusiasts access to the Shell Rock River.
A 50-acre park located at 1374 Quarry Road, 2 miles northwest of Floyd allows for primitive camping along the scenic Cedar River. Features include 2 picnic shelters, pit toilet, playgorund and river access. The cost to camp at this facility is $10 per night.
The Tosanak Recreation area is located 2 miles north east of Marble Rock at 2543 Glass Road. Features include primitive camping as well as a modern cabin, primitive cabins, lodges and RV sites available to rent. This natural resource is a unique blend of prairie, woods and riparian habitats as well as being bordered by the Shell Rock River.
- Cedar Hills - 160 acres of upland habitat, 2.5 miles southwest of Marble Rock
- Happy Acres - 40 acres of upland, forest habitat, 7 miles southwest of Charles City on 230th Street
- Idlewild Access - 10 acres of forested habitat, 3 miles north of Floyd on 130th Street
- Little Cedar Wildlife Area - 160 acres of upland, forest habitat, 4 miles east of Charles City on 190th Street
- Nagle Wildlife - 220 acres of upland habitat, 4 miles north of Rockford on Red Ball Road
- Slough Creek - 62 acres of upland habitat, 5 miles north of Floyd on Highway 218
- Wentland Woods -102 acres of forest habitat, 3.5 miles north of Floyd on Quail Avenue
- West Idlewild - 50 acres of forest habitat, 2 miles northwest of Floyd on Quarry Road
- Winterink Woods - Forest habitat, 5 miles southeast of Charles City
- Knapp I
- Knapp II