Upper Cedar Watershed Management Improvement Authority
The UCWMIA was created pursuant to Iowa Code Chapter 28E by and between the Iowa counties of Black Hawk, Bremer, Butler, Chickasaw, Floyd, Mitchell and Worth, the Iowa cities of Charles City, Colwell, Denver, Floyd, Nashua, Northwood, Osage, Plainfield, St. Ansgar, Stacyville, and Waverly, and the Iowa Soil and Water Conservation Districts of Black Hawk, Bremer, Butler, Chickasaw, Floyd, Mitchell and Worth Counties. The authority may perform the following duties:
- Assess the flood risks in the watershed.
- Assess the water quality in the watershed.
- Assess options for reducing flood risk and improving water quality in the watershed.
- Monitor federal flood risk planning and activities.
- Educate residents of the watershed area regarding water quality and flood risks.
- Allocate moneys made available to the authority for purposes of water quality and flood mitigation.
- Make and enter into contracts and agreements and execute all instruments necessary or incidental to the performance of the duties of the authority. A watershed management authority shall not acquire property by eminent domain.
In March 2015, MSA Professional Services completed the UCWMIA Watershed Management Plan. The plan should be viewed as a 'plan for a plan'. It identifies the broad goals, policies, action plans, and an implementation schedule for the entire watershed. It presents a course evaluation of the water resources within the watershed and presents an action plan which places priorities on establishment of stakeholder groups, funding opportunities, and additional detailed assessments of sub-watersheds within the Iowa portion of the Upper Cedar Watershed. Click on the links below to view the plan...
Beaver Creek Watershed Projects - 2016
Sherman Lundy, Black Hawk County Soil and Water Conservation District representative, serves as the current chair of the UCWMIA.
UCWMIA Board Minutes, Executive Committee Minutes, and Reports
- 2019-03-06 Agenda
- 2018-12-05 Quarterly Meeting Minutes
- 2018-09-19 Quarterly Meeting Minutes
- Upper Cedar River Subwatershed Progress2
- 2018-06-20 Annual Meeting Minutes
- 2018-06-20 Quarterly Meeting Minutes
- 2018-03-27 Quarterly Meeting Minutes
- 2018-03-27 Cedar Partners Meeting Agenda
- Upper Cedar River Subwatershed Progress
- 2017-12-13 Quarterly Meeting Minutes
- 2017-09-20 Quarterly Meeting Minutes
- 2017-06-20 Annual Meeting Minutes
- 2017-06-20 Quarterly Meeting Minutes
- 2017-03-14 Minutes
- 2016-12-06 Minutes
- 2016-09-06 Board Minutes
- 2016-06-22 UCWMIA Annual Meeting Minutes
- 2016-06-22 UCWMIA Minutes
- 2016-03-15 UCWMIA Minutes
- 2015-12-08 UCWMIA Minutes
- Mitchell Watersheds Gain from Charles City Grant
- 2015-09-15 Minutes
- 2015-06-16 Minutes
- 2015-03-24 Board Minutes
- 2014-12-09 Board Minutes
- 2014-09-16 Board Minutes
- 2014-06-17 Board Minutes
- 2013-11-25 Executive Committee Minutes
- 2013-08-29 Board Minutes
- 2013-05-29 Annual Board Minutes
- 2013-05-29 Board Minutes
- 2013-05-29 Annual Report
- 2013-05-20 Executive Committee Minutes
- 2013-05-15 Executive Committee Minutes
- 2013-04-03 Board Minutes
- 2013-03-12 Board Minutes
- 2012-September Phase 1 FINAL REPORT
- 2012-12-04 Board Minutes
- 2012-10-29 Conference Call Minutes
- 2012-09-21 Executive Committee Minutes
- 2012-09-11 Board Minutes
- 2012-08-21 Executive Committee Minutes
- 2012-08-07 Organizational Minutes
Regional Conservation Partnership Program (RCPP) Info
- FY18 Partner Contributions
- Task Timeline Year 1-5
- 2018-04-30 Semi Annual Report - ISA
- 2017-RCPP Report
- 2018-04-13 Semi Annual Report NR 4-13-2018
- 2018-02-28 Semi Annual Report
- 2018-02-27 Quarterly Meeting Minutes
- 2018-01-02 Annual Progress Report Draft
- Upper Cedar RCPP budget - V 11 6 15 - Final
- Summary of Responsibilities-Upper Cedar RCPP