DNR AND VETERAN BENEFITS
APPLICATION FOR IOWA LIFETIME HUNTING/FISHING LICENSE FOR RESIDENT, DISABLED VETERANS*
*Disability must be service-connected. Applicants can also qualify based as POW status
Service connection means the VA is paying you for a disability on a monthly basis. A 0% Service Connected rating still is considered service connected, and you can qualify for a disabled lifetime hunting and fishing license.
Keep in mind this is just the license. You still need to buy: Tags, habitat stamp, trout stamp, etc.
Total costs of lifetime license is: $7.00 (Check, or cashier checks only no cash).
Application get mailed to: DNR Central Office 502 E 9th St Des Moines, IA 50319 Phone: (515) 725-8200 Fax: (515) 725-8201
Please READ the instructions on the application with what the DNR needs for documentation in order to issue you a license.
Iowa DNR unveils new online hunting and fishing license system
Go Outdoors Iowa: Iowa's new licensing system
Check it out! The latest innovative technology is now right at your fingertips when it comes to your Iowa hunting and fishing licenses! Iowa DNR has recently launched Go Outdoors Iowa, a brand new licensing system that makes it easier and available for users to:
- Sign up for Auto Renew *New
- Purchase a Collectible Hard Card *New
- Report Harvests
- Reprint Your Current Licenses *New
- Apply for Controlled Hunts
- Electronically Manage Your Licenses
- Download the GoOutdoorsIowa app via the AppStore or Google Play that allows you to purchase, store and renew your licenses, view hunting regulations, current sunrise/sunset times and report your harvests *New